The Bill Lamb Collection
The Bureau County Historical Society received a monumental donation of photos, films, and personal artifacts from the estate of renowned Princeton journalist and historian Bill Lamb in 2015. Following months of organizing and inventory efforts by Historical Society staff and volunteers, selected photographs from the collection are being prepared for exhibition and research.
The Collection includes Over 100,000 original photos and film negatives from around Princeton and around the United States taken by Lamb throughout the 20th Century. Photo buffs, historians and everyone else in the community will be able to view the breadth of Lambs body of work featured in the permanent collection of Bureau County Historical Society Museum in Princeton.
The H.W. Immke Photography Collection
Henry W. (H.W.) Immke practiced photography in Princeton from 1866 to 1923. A remarkable collection of 20,000 of his glass plate negatives, primarily portraits of early Princeton and Bureau County settlers taken from 1867-1923, was donated to the Museum in 1957, along with printed photographs and some of the photography equipment from his studio.
H.W. Immke Collection portraits are available to the public. Please contact us for information on searching and ordering pictures. Contact BCHS